Sunday, May 8, 2011
A Minimalist Recipe: Chicken Roast
2 whole chickens
some veg (potato, onion, carrot, pumpkin, green beans*)
1. Wash the chicken, pat them dry. Lay out on tray.
2. Rub a little bit of olive oil on the chicken.
3. Sprinkle salt on top (lots!)
4. Round up whatever veg you've got, drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on top.
5. Put the whole tray in the oven on low (160C) for about 1.5-2 hrs.
6. Microwave the beans with a bit of water. Don't put these in the oven!
Of course, if you wanted to go fancy, you can cut up a lemon, and put it in the cavity of the chicken. You could also get some bacon or pancetta (Italian bacon) and mix it with some fresh breadcrumbs and put it in beneath the skin of the chicken breast...but then, you wouldn't be a Minimalist Cook, would you?? ;)