Sunday, July 31, 2011
Sunday, July 3, 2011
A friend I used to meet up one-on-one to read the bible with told me that her mother had a Gift Box and she had got her current wallet from there (She had to put $20 back in). I thought, "WOW! so organised" But now I realise you have No Choice when you have kids, because gone are the days when you just "Pop In" to the shops. This is good in many ways - you don't waste as much money! But it also means you have to be organised because you can't just duck out every time you need a present for an occasion.
When I have the opportunity, I jump on it and spend $$$ to stock up.
While it is not "Minimal" in that there are many things in there...it IS minimal in that it minimises Stress, Time and Hassle! Plus I try stocking up when sales are on.
What's in there:
1. Baby gifts - when people have babies. So there are bonds suits (about 20), plus books & crayons for the older siblings.
2. Lego - about 5 or 6 boxes. This sets up my 5 yr old son for friends' birthday parties for a couple of months.
3. Olive soap - beautiful, soft, non-toxic stuff. You can even wash your hair with it.
4. Books - mostly kids' books.
5. Art prints - from the Art Gallery of NSW. About $30.
6. Jewellery (not re-gifted!) - bangles, necklace, earrings. I recently took one out to keep for myself (oops!)
7. Stuff from the Art Scene in West Ryde - a lovely little art/framing shop with really cool things for kids e.g. fat crayons, vintage paper boats, water paints, colouring in books.
Here's a link to their website: Art Scene
8. Perfume - for men.