Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Essence of Minimalism



I think my friends think my Minimalism "hobby" is a bit quirky and a bit strange, and they shake their heads and say, "I don't know how you can own just three pairs of jeans!" They do humour me though ;)

I think for me, Minimalism is essentially, owning what you LOVE and ditching the rest.

I am not going to own 8 pairs of half decent jeans, that cost me $30 each and last two years. I would rather own TWO, that are a perfect fit, a bit expensive but good quality, and hopefully, will last 10-15 years.

I would like to state for a fact that I would like to only own TWO pairs of jeans, but due to a slight mishap, I now own three. I had two to start with, and one went missing, and for the life of me I couldn't find it anywhere! I came to the conclusion that it must have gone out with the bags of clothing that leave the house regularly for Anglicare. But one day, Husband couldn't close his tallboy drawer. There at the back, behind the drawers, the jeans were stuck. And so, now I own TWO pairs of blue jeans, plus one black pair.

LOVE what you own. Own what you LOVE. Good-bye to the rest!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment