Saturday, June 2, 2012
My good friend Cat gave me some tips re my milk supply issues:
1. Eat oats.
2. Eat Lactation Cookies.
3. Take Fenugreek tablets.
Here is the recipe for the cookies:
1 cup butter
1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats, thick cut
1 cup or more chocolate chips/sultanas/almonds/macadamia nuts
2-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast (be generous)
IMPORTANT! Do not substitute the brewers yeast. Magic ingredient!!
Preheat the oven to 180C.
1) Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes.
2) Cream (beat well) butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
3) Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the butter mix. Beat until blended.
4) Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips.
5) Add to butter mixture. Stir in oats then chips.
6) Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined. Because the dough is a little crumbly, it might be easier if you use a scoop.
7) Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies. Makes approximately 6 dozen cookies.