Friday, June 1, 2012
I bought some Lavender Castille Soap through a friend. It's Giant.
It smells amazing.
It feels pretty nice too on your skin.
It is a Minimalist's Friend because there are 18 uses according to Dr Bonner. It is a nice, non-toxic way to clean yourself and your surroundings. And it's a lovely purple.
Here's a bit of info from Dr Bronner's website.
Dr. Bronner recorded the "18 in 1 uses" on his label, which we have left mostly intact since his passing in 1997; however, people have told us many, many more uses for it than that. Here is his version.
Dr. Bronner's version:
1. Always dilute for Shave-Shampoo-Massage-Dental Soap-Bath!
2. Peppermint is nature's own unsurpassed fragrant Deodorant!
3. A drop is best Mint Toothpaste; brushes Dentures Clean!
4. A dash in water is the ideal Breath Freshener & Mouth Wash!
5. Peppermint Oil Soap for Dispensers, Uniforms, Baby, Beach!
6. Dilute for ideal After Shave, Body Rub, Foot Bath, Douche.
7. Hot Towel-Massage the entire body, always towards your heart.
8. Pets, silk, wool & body tingles head to toe - keeps cool!
9. 3 dashes in water rinse most Sprays Off fruit & vegetables!
10. 1/4 oz in qt H2O is Pest Spray! Dash, no rash Diaper-Soap!
1. For everyday body-washing in the shower. (Yes, tried this).
2, For light cleaning, dilute from one part soap into 40 parts water for light cleaning. (No, yet to try. Using vinegar at the moment).
3. For shampoo. (Yes, tried this).
4. For the laundry, use 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup for one regular load old. Add a dash of baking soda. (No, yet to try).
5. For toothbrushing, apply a drop or two max. (No, yet to try. Not game. Might buy Peppermint first).