Monday, May 28, 2012
Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
I'm not a great cook.
Unfortunately for me, I was a lazy child and never learnt from my Mum when I lived in home.
Here are four ingredients you need for a simple soup:
:: fish sauce
:: yummy pink salt
:: soy sauce (specifically made for soups)
:: cracked pepper
With some garlic and chicken thigh, you can make a quick Chicken Noodle Soup in half an hour.
Recipe from my great-cook-friend Grace.
4 cloves of garlic
2-3 pieces of chicken (I use thigh, but you can also use drumsticks)
Lots of water
Dried noodle sticks (udon)
Salt & Pepper
Shallots sliced (optional)
1. Boil garlic and chicken in a big pot of water. Until chicken is cooked.
2. Remove the chicken from the water. Rip into strips.
3. Add a bit of fish sauce, soy sauce and salt & pepper. To taste.
4. Cook noodles in the above soup. Until al dente.
5. Serve noodles in a bowl with soup. Add shredded chicken.
6. If you have shallots, sprinkle on top.