Monday, May 28, 2012

Quick Chicken Noodle Soup


I'm not a great cook.

Unfortunately for me, I was a lazy child and never learnt from my Mum when I lived in home.

 Here are four ingredients you need for a simple soup:

:: fish sauce
:: yummy pink salt
:: soy sauce (specifically made for soups)
:: cracked pepper

 With some garlic and chicken thigh, you can make a quick Chicken Noodle Soup in half an hour. 

Recipe from my great-cook-friend Grace.

Ingredients: 
4 cloves of garlic
2-3 pieces of chicken (I use thigh, but you can also use drumsticks)
Lots of water
Dried noodle sticks (udon)
Fish sauce
Soy sauce
Salt & Pepper
Shallots sliced (optional)

Method:
1. Boil garlic and chicken in a big pot of water. Until chicken is cooked.
2. Remove the chicken from the water. Rip into strips.
3. Add a bit of fish sauce, soy sauce and salt & pepper. To taste.
4. Cook noodles in the above soup. Until al dente.
5. Serve noodles in a bowl with soup. Add shredded chicken. 
6. If you have shallots, sprinkle on top.

 Voila!!

2 comments:

  1. I just made this for lunch and it was so good! I added a couple of eggs (cracked them in just after the udon), because I love eggs. Very quick and very easy. Thanks heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one lou! eggs would have been nice. I like adding eggs to ramen too. future post! :)

    ReplyDelete