Saturday, June 18, 2011
Minimising Toys on Travels
I am aiming at taking three backpacks so I will work towards minimising toys to take on this trip:
1. A small bag of lego for my son (aged 5). It will amuse him (and his Dad :p ) for hours. (1)
2. Colouring-in books, writing books, pencils, textas and stickers for the plane trip. (3)
3. I am considering taking the ipad to play games, look at photos & videos, listen to music and stories. (1)
4. Bedtime friends: a little dog for son, and a doll for daughter. (2)
5. Books: as they are heavy, can't take too many. And I would like to bring back some Korean kids books. So I might take 6. 3 each. Plus a kids Bible. (7)
6. I like the idea of taking fly swats (clean & new!) and a couple of ballons to amuse the kids at airports if we have to wait. They can play badminton. (2)
7. A small collection of kitchen things e.g. tea set. They like playing "house" and "restaurant". (1)
8. Torches: not exactly a toy, but still very useful and it's fun to play with light. Packing extra batteries. (2)
Total no. of items: 19.
Yikes! It's not very Minimal.