Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Rainy Week

I found myself being quite cranky with the kids this week...as they made their way around the house, making a mess here, and then moving onto another spot, making a mess there...

Of course, they are only 6 and 3, and trying to teach them to "Tidy Up Before You Move Onto Your next set of toys" will take time. Lots of time. And patience...

I find myself wanting to donate 80% of what they own.

But for some reason, I can't bring myself to give them just four small containers (like Bea, the admirable but crazy lady on Zero Waste Home blog). The best I can do right now is to apply "One In One Out" rule. Which they are quite happily complying with. Bless them.

I also can't bring myself to donate the kids books. Bea has donated all of her books and borrows all of their reading material from the local library. But I'm a little bit sentimental, and I want to keep some of their favourites.

After two weeks of solid rain, and being cooped up in the house, I can clearly see the benefits of having only a few (borrowed) books and four containers of toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment