Monday, February 14, 2011

OneBag.com



This is one of all-time my favourite sites.

Since uni days I have pored over the pages, memorising the packing list, and drawing up a "wish list". I've always wanted a silk inner liner sheet!

It advocates Light Travel - which means travelling with one bag; one carry-on bag.

I love this idea. I've done it ONCE. When I travelled to Korea by myself back in 2004. It was a pretty good feeling. So light and free. While everybody is queuing up to pick up their luggage, you are on your way, hopping into a taxi, with just one small backpack on your back.

The list is pretty minimal. The best tip is minimising clothing. What is the saying? "Lay out everything you are going to take on your trip. Then half the clothing. Double the Money".

For me, three outfits is plenty. Plus you can wash as you go. Coordinating colours is the key, so everything goes with everything. I've pretty much stuck to black, grey and dark green.

Here is the list: One bag packing list

No comments:

Post a Comment